The landscape of Dinant is dominated by the cliffs with the historical citadel on top of it and the impressive Cathedral of Our Lady beneath.
Dinant is the perfect starting point to explore the valley of the Meuse river.
How to travel to Dinant?
Dinant is located at about 30km’s from Namur. You can either take the train, or drive down southwards down the Meuse river. For more information visit the Belgium Public Transport Guide.
Finding Accommodation in Dinant:
Sightseeing in Dinant:
The town is quite small and can be easily explored on foot. A cable ride will bring you to the top of the cliffs where you can take a tour in the old Citadel. The church of our lady can be accessed for free and is definitely worth a visit.
Activities in Dinant:
- Visit the Caves “Grottes de Merveilleuse”
- Take a boat cruise on the river “Meuse”
- Go Kayaking on the river “Lesse”
- Visit a spa: “Les Bains de Dinant“
- Visit the casino
Things to do nearby:
- Visit Nature Parc Furfooz
- Visit the Castle of Vêves
- Visit the Maredsous Abbey
Where to go next?
30 km to Namur
60 km to La Roche en Ardenne
50 km to Durbuy